A special stage production of Rap Reiplinger’s immensely popular collection of comedy sketches, “Rap’s Hawaii,” will come to several Hawaii public libraries over the next two months. The performances by the Honolulu Theatre for Youth were organized by local author and columnist Lee Cataluna, and sponsored by the Friends of the Library of Hawaii. The performances run from Saturday, Jan. 26 through Sunday, Mar. 2. The 45-minute
program is suitable for ages 10 and up. Admission is free.
The schedule is as follows:
- Jan. 26, 11 a.m. at Kapolei Public Library (693-7050)
- Jan. 30, 3 p.m. at Hilo Public Library (933-8888)
- Jan. 31, 1 p.m. at Thelma Parker Public & School Library (887-6067)
- Feb. 1, 3 p.m. at Kailua-Kona Public Library (327-4327)
- Feb. 4, 3 p.m. at Wailuku Public Library (243-5766)
- Feb. 7, 2:30 p.m. at Molokai Public Library (553-1765)
- Feb. 9, noon at Hawaii State Library (586-3490)
- Feb. 21, 2:30 p.m. at Lihue Public Library (241-3222)
- Feb. 23, 3 p.m. at Aiea Public Library (483-7333)
- Mar. 2, 2:30 p.m. at Pearl City Public Library (453-6566)
Schedule subject to change. Please contact the hosting library for details.